AlmanacSoft DataClient Plus
MapWindow GIS™ plug-in software developed by Poom Malakul Na Ayudhya that adds SQL client functions of both open source and commercial databases. The current supported databases are PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SQLite/SpatiaLite and Oracle.
The purpose is to make MapWindow GIS being able to use relational database as a SQL database client. That means DataClient can create, store (3) or retrieve (4) data tables from SQL databases. It also can use Mapwindow GIS to display GIS data table by adding a layer (1) or loading a layer back to create GIS data table (2). DataClient can also open (5) or save (6) data table to local file.
- Local data table can be created and modified with many types of data (Text, Integer, Floating point, Date, Binary, Picture and Geometry) .
- Geometry data can be created, validated and inserted as WKT formats.
- Local data table view can be adjusted and used to create and modify relational database table.
- Each data row can be viewed and edited in row editor.
- Relational database can be retrieved, managed with SQL command manually or automatically.
- SQL command can be created, modified and saved by SQL command editor.
- Local data table view can be adjusted and used to create Shapefile for displaying in MapWindow GIS™ manually or automatically.
- Selected layer in MapWindow GIS can be loaded into local data table.
- Selected shape in a layer of MapWindow GIS™ can be used to view related data row in row editor.
- MapWindow GIS Application x86 version 4.8 or later
This is the Window Application that DataClient plugs into. You can download from http://www.mapwindow.org. It is free and open source. DataClient use MapWindow for displaying GIS data on the map.
- Oracle Database 10g or later
- PostgreSQL 8.3 or later and PostGIS 1.3.3 or later
PostgreSqL is the relational database software that DataClient connects to. You can download from http://www.postgresql.org. PostGIS is an extension of PostgreSQL that make it capable of handling GIS Data with relational database efficiently. You can also download from http://postgis.refractions.net. PostgreSQL/PosGIS can be installed on both Windows and Linux Platform. They are both free and open source. Before using with DataClient, you have to make sure that both PostgreSQL and PostGIS can function properly.
- No requirement for SQLite/SpatiaLite. It is included in the package.
- Version 126.96.36.199 ( 18 November 2011 )
- Minor bugs fixed
- Version 188.8.131.52 ( 6 September 2011 )
- Projection System revised to work with MW RC3
- Selected row(s) can be edited with Row Editor with no primary key(s) need
- New SpatiaLite Initalizing script is created from PostGIS.
- Minor bugs fixed
- Version 184.108.40.206 ( 16 July 2011 )
- Fix error when adding layer to MapWindow
- Fix error when zooming to selected feature(s)
- Version 1.2.5 ( 10 June 2011 )
- Fix some bugs to work with MapWindow GIS 4.8 RC2
- Version 1.2.4
- First release ( 17 May 2011 )