MapWindow GIS™ plug-in software developed by Poom Malakul Na Ayudhya that adds SQL client functions of open source databases. The current supported databases are PostgreSQL/PostGIS and SQLite/SpatiaLite.
The purpose is to make MapWindow GIS being able to use relational database as a SQL database client. That means DataClient can create, store (3) or retrieve (4) data tables from relational databases. It also can use Mapwindow GIS to display GIS data table by adding a layer (1) or loading a layer back to create GIS data table (2). DataClient can also open (5) or save (6) data table to local file.
- Local data table can be created and modified with many types of data (Text, Integer, Floating point, Date, Binary, Picture and Geometry) .
- Geometry data can be created, validated and inserted as WKT formats.
- Local data table view can be adjusted and used to create and modify relational database table.
- Each data row can be viewed and edited in row editor.
- Relational database can be retrieved, managed with SQL command manually or automatically.
- SQL command can be created, modified and saved by SQL command editor.
- Local data table view can be adjusted and used to create Shapefile for displaying in MapWindow GIS™ manually or automatically.
- Selected layer in MapWindow GIS can be loaded into local data table.
- Selected shape in a layer of MapWindow GIS™ can be used to view related data row in row editor.
- MapWindow GIS Application x86 version 4.7 or later
This is the Window Application that DataClient plugs into. You can download from http://www.mapwindow.org. It is free and open source. DataClient use MapWindow for displaying GIS data on the map.
- PostgreSQL 8.3 or later and PostGIS 1.3.3 or later
PostgreSqL is the relational database software that DataClient connects to. You can download from http://www.postgresql.org. PostGIS is an extension of PostgreSQL that make it capable of handling GIS Data with relational database efficiently. You can also download from http://postgis.refractions.net. PostgreSQL/PosGIS can be installed on both Windows and Linux Platform. They are both free and open source. Before using with DataClient, you have to make sure that both PostgreSQL and PostGIS can function properly.
- No requirement for SQLite/SpatiaLite. It is included in the package.
- Version 220.127.116.11 ( 6 September 2011 )
- Projection System revised to work with MW RC3
- Selected row(s) can be edited with Row Editor with no primary key(s) need
- New SpatiaLite Initalizing script is created from PostGIS.
- Minor bugs fixed
- Version 18.104.22.168 ( 16 July 2011 )
- Fix error when adding layer to MapWindow
- Fix error when zooming to selected feature(s)
- Version 1.1.5 ( 10 June 2011 )
- Fix some bugs to work with MapWindow GIS 4.8 RC2
- Version 1.1.4 ( 17 May 2011 )
- Plug-in load and unload error
- SQLite/SpatiaLite table creating error
- Upgrade ADO.Net drivers
- Version 1.1.3 ( 13 January 2011 )
- SQLite Database Row Insertion error when adding row with geometry datatype
- Connection Configuration error when saving connection to file
- Version 1.1.2 ( 22 December 2010 )
- Support WKT OGC 1.2.1
- Support dimension: XYZ, XYM and XYZM for PostGIS
- Support conditional SQL Query in DataTable
- Support clockwise validation when adding polygon shapefile layer to MapWindow
- SQLite DataReader Query in SQL Query
- Several bugs fixed
- Version 1.1.0 ( 29 August 2010 )
- SQLite/SpatiaLite RDBMS supported
- Syntax Highlight improvement.
- Support GZIP compressed file.
- Version 1.0.7 ( 17 June 2010 )
- Add Set Date button to set maximum, minimum or curernt date value of DateTimePicker in row editor and insertion.
- Sorting table name in DB Info.
- Row Editor: Incorrect geometry type if row contains more than one geometry.
- Version 1.0.6 ( 26 May 2010 )
- PostGIS function (ST Commands) syntax highlight.
- Command time-out in Database setting.
- Fix Timer bugs.
- Version 1.0.5 ( 5 April 2010 )
- First release.